You can find infinite commentary on what happened in Boston today. Many people were seriously injured, and at least a few died, including an 8 year-old. Our nation suffers yet another traumatic, surprise massacre. This has become the natural order of the day we live in.
A few thoughts from the Christian worldview.
- Jesus is Lord. There is no good or evil in this world except by His working the good, or allowing the evil. He is Lord, and we must trust Him in all things.
- Reports have come in that in Iraq today, there were a series of bomb blasts that killed scores of people, and injured dozens more. Today Boston, USA is sharing in the bloodbath of what is everyday life in our war zones overseas. Although our tragedy is more unexpected, it has the same root cause: the sin of lust manifest in war. War is upon us. We are a people of war. We like war. We love war. It is intertwined in the fabric of our nation, and with each senseless tragedy, we drink down the wine of endless war’s fruit. This is the world we have chosen as a culture.
- Whoever did this deserves to face justice, and be sentenced to a just punishment fitting the crime. Acts of murder must be met with severe justice, in honor of the image of God we are all created in – life must be protected and cherished.
- Planned Parenthood is the slow-motion, blood-bath bombing that has been going off in our cities for decades. The Boston Marathon massacre is a broad-daylight, caught on video representation of what goes on in 3,000+ wombs each day of the year in our murderous society.
- The Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in America is complicit in so far as we have capitulated to the prevailing winds of culture, forming ourselves into the image of a circus train, rolling into town with entertainment rather than Gospel power. We have given the country away to the secular humanist church, and they have gladly reformed it into their own image.
- The new America includes regular acts of mass murder, which drives our duplicitous leadership to enact more and more of a police state to “keep us safe.” In fact, we have never been more vulnerable, and we are waking up to a nation with no security, and a rapidly shrinking inheritance of liberty. Only the true Gospel can free this nation once more, for “where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”
- The media will tell us how to feel and react to this tragedy, as they do each time. The hypnosis has already begun, no doubt, and they will successfully ensnare the majority of us into a safe groupthink before long. This should be resisted, and political solutions which include surrendering our liberties must be rejected out of hand.
- Pray for our nation. Pray for our leaders. We are in a much worse situation than we can see.
With more to say, I’ll quit. What a tiring, yet beautiful age to be a part of. I am grateful to be alive.